Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Pics in the Morning Light


































One thing I am learning is there is nothing that influences photography or art more (other than it's subject) than light.  Time of day makes a huge difference in the appearance of your subject in photography.  This brings back to mind the instructions of my Photography instructor in college...take your pictures in the early morning or in the late afternoon.  I heard it but I didn't want to pay attention to it.  It is important!

The first pic is what greets us as we exit our back door.  I just love drinking in that view.  And the bench is always inviting us to indulge in a short reverie that slows your heart beat and lifts your spirits by communing with flora and fish.  Every day brings something new in the garden...discoveries are always waiting, and re-occurrences, like old standbys, remind you of that which is dependable in life.


1 comment:

  1. Holy Lord! Check out what I caught with my camera! Unbeknown to be, a bull frog was either climbing out of about to climb or jump down into the pond. We knew this guy existed because we would hear his loud plop into the water many times when we would walk by, but he is so fast that you never see him! Look at the 4th pic from the top. Click on the pic, and it will enlarge!

    ReplyDelete